Thursday, November 27, 2014

My Animal Cafe Adventure in Tokyo

Before I tell our visit in Tokyo, I want to give some reviews about Animal Cafes in Tokyo. Rather than maid or butler cafes, I do prefer the animals since I will feel a bit awkward with maids and butlers. Although there are also pet cafe in other city, we choose to search them in Tokyo to fit our schedule. :3

I only choose cafes I can search from Google so I could get the address, map, and other information. We have several options, but finally we could only visit this three.


Nekorobi Cat Cafe, Ikebukuro
Our inn is around Ikebukuro, so this cafe is our first animal cafe. Nekorobi, as the name implies, is a cat cafe located in 3rd floor of Tact T.O Building in Higashi Ikebukuro. It opens everyday from 11am to 10pm. The place is quite spacious, with lots of cute cats playing all around. The system reminds me with internet cafe in our home country. The first hour fee is 1100 Yen at weekdays and 1300 Yen at weekend. After 1 hour, it'll be charged 250-300 Yen for every 15 minutes. The fee included all you can drink from vending machine in the cafe. You don't need to pay anymore for the drink.

The cats are so cute and playful. The staffs maintain the cafe very well and all cats are well cared and well trained too. I mean, the toilet training, the cat's didn't do it in cafe area. And their fur are really clean and soft. Some of them didn't like to be touched, though...

For more information : http://www.nekorobi.jp/english/


Tori no Iru Cafe, Asakusa
I didn't even know that Bird Cafe is exist until my brother mentioned that he wants to see owl cafe in Tokyo. Tori no Iru Cafe wasn't his first choice, but the cafe also has owls and the location fits our schedule so we decided to visit this one. They're located in 1-12-8 Asakusa Taito-ku B1 F Oyama Building. We got lost a little when searched for this place. The cost is 1000 Yen per person for half hour. The one hour price is around 1500 Yen. There's no food served in this place. And since it's a birds cafe, we need to be careful with their droppings. The cafe lent us an army motif jacket to cover our clothes.

This is my first experience to touch tame and cute owls. Their feathers were so clean and soft and it's kinda cute how they didn't really mind to be petted. They're given pellets food special for owls.



In the inside part of the room, there are different kind of birds. The majority of them... I'm not sure if they're parrots, parakeets, or canaries... ^^; They are also very cute and they like to eat sunflower seeds from our hands. But it scared me a little when they seized our sunflower seeds case and opened it on their own  and then they're fight to scramble the food. Reminds me on how people went frenzy at sale event. The birds liked to nibble at my fingers too. T_T


For more information : http://www7.ocn.ne.jp/~asakusa/  (Japanese)




Usagi no Ehon, Shimokitazawa
We visited Shimokitazawa on our last day with Usagi no Ehon as our objective. We found Shimokitazawa is actually an interesting area too. Usagi no Ehon is around 10-15 minutes walk north from Shimokitazawa Station through lovely Shimokitazawa alley. The fee for the rabbit cafe is 1000 Yen for half hour. Unfortunately we need to reserve first if we want to play with the rabbit, especially since it's weekend and they're full booked.

But the lady owner is really nice. When we desperately try to explain with our bad Japanese language (She can't speak English) that we will leave Japan in the afternoon, she allowed us to go inside and take a look for a while. So we just take a look and some photograph just for around 5-10 minutes and didn't touch all those cute little bunnies since we had only permitted to take a look. We're willing to pay even for just that since we feel bad for bothered them by getting in when it's a bit crowded. But she said it's okay for not to pay. I'm really grateful for her kindness.

The rabbits here are very cute and well taken care too. The space is a bit small, but I really love how they decorated the place to be so cute and give a warm feeling. I can tell they love rabbits and this cafe very much. I promise if I could return to Tokyo I will visit Usagi no Ehon again and make the reservation this time.

For more information : http://usaginoehon.web.fc2.com/  (Japanese)




No comments: