Sunday, November 23, 2014

Finally, Japan!



Due to lots of stuffs, it's nearly a month for me to touch this blog again after I came back from Japan. Yes, I went to Japan last October! It's like a dream come true for me... \(*O*)/

I went with my brother and travel in Asian backpacker style, hopping from town to town, stay at some cheap inn (although we don't like to be cheap on food). Some bad experience happened, a lots of good experience gained, in the end we really enjoy our Japan travel that we really really wish to go back again.

We like Japanese stuffs since we're small because of mangas, games, and animes. There was time when we want to go to Japan for the sake of manga, game, and anime only. But as we grow older, me and my brother are more into food, scenery, and culture. Although the modern entertainments are still the important part of our visit. xD


I think it's around mid-autumn when we arrived there. Trees are just started to get their autumn colors. It's not all vibrant red and yellow, we still get lots of greens. Nevertheless the scenery was still very beautiful. ^^ The weather was pretty cold for inhabitants of tropical equatorial country like us. It's okay when it's sunny, but pretty harsh for us when it's windy or raining.

We visited Osaka, Minoh, Ikeda, Kyoto, Fuji-Kawaguchiko, and Tokyo. The route is pretty maintream for lots of tourists. I'll tell more about each town in the next post later. :d

For now here's some things I really love from this country :

Hi-Tech Toilets
If only I could buy one of it and put it on my house... There are many buttons for many needs, warm seat, controlled pressure and temperature, button for sound in public restroom (only female understand this), and they're always flushed really really well.

Sake
The most delicious alcoholic drink I've ever had in my entire life so far... It's hard to find them in Indonesia. I wonder where can I buy Sake in Jakarta... :S

Vending Machines
From hot coffee, cold drink, ice cream, even canned soup. The hot stuff was really help us as a warmer even just for a while. Vending machines are practically everywhere. In Tokyo, some of them even have some kind of face recognition technology.

Coin Locker
It's a savior when you need to put some stuffs temporarily and get it back later. The size also quite big to put our luggage.

Public Transportation & Pedestrian Walk
Professional highway buses, on-time train, yes yes, I may look tacky because good public transportation is rare in Indonesia. We can go almost anywhere we want by train, subway, bus, and our own feet. On the other hand, it's the only choices for me since car or taxi is really really expensive in Japan and I can't ride bicycle... The pedestrian walks are also excellent. People can walk nicely even if they're using high heels.


I can drink tap water!
We can't drink tap water in Indonesia, so it's really nice.

Japanese Gardens
Somehow Japanese traditional gardens always have some kind of aesthetic sense that makes people feel calm and happy. They're well design, taken care in excellent way, and elegantly beautiful...

Food Food Food~
I'm not saying every food in this country is delicious, but majority of them are great! I love sushi, sashimi, soba, ramen, udon, donburi, and many many more~ :3

Hot Springs
It feels really nice when you dip your body inside hot spring, especially in cold weather.
~(=,=)~

Mini Mart
Like vending machines, mini marts are also almost everywhere. We have lots of mini marts too in Indonesia, but what I love about Japanese mini mart is the bento and wide food selections. I ate 150 yen pudding from Lawson and it's just as good as expensive pudding in Indonesia. :d
Oh, and the cashier will never say "Do you have smaller nominal money? We don't have the change."


I miss them already....

No comments: